Saturday, January 26, 2013

Wildflower Hill

Wildflower Hill by Kimberley Freeman was a very enjoyable read. The story follows Emma, a prima ballerina in London, whose injured knee just ended her career. After returning home to Australia, Emma learns of a mysterious inheritance left to her by her grandmother. Emma's story intertwines with that of her grandmother, Beattie, as Emma discovers secrets of her grandmothers life- and in doing so realizes how she wants to live her own life.

This insomniacs opinion:

This year's reads are changing my view on dual-narrated novels. The two narrators in this book, Beattie and Emma, both were believable and enjoyable characters and I loved them both. Generally, I feel bored by one of the narrators but that was not the case with this book. I loved Beattie's bravery and strength in living the life that she wanted even in a time period which did not embrace women doing so. I also loved Emma's journey to find her true self after her dreams appeared to be lost. So, long story short- enjoyable and lovely novel!

Worth staying up to read?

Yes! I know that once Beattie's story started to unravel, I couldn't wait to hear the rest!

Rating: 4 stars

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10002296-wildflower-hill

1 comment: