Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter



This novel begins in 1962, when an Italian innkeeper meets a mysterious American woman. Fast forward to present time Hollywood, where the Italian innkeeper searches for the American woman that he never forgot.

This insomniac's opinion:

I don't seem to have much of an opinion about this novel. The writing was fine. The plot was fine. But it didn't really hold my interest. There is not a single character in this book that I will remember weeks from now(or, possibly even days from now). It just didn't resonate with me. There was certainly not anything wrong with the book, it just wasn't my cup of tea.

Worth staying up all night to read?

Not for me.

Rating: 3 stars - wasn't great for me, but someone else may enjoy it.





No comments:

Post a Comment