Monday, August 19, 2013

Cinder by Marissa Meyer

 Book summary(via Goodreads):

Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl.

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.


This insomniac's opinion:

Every time that I read the blurb on this book cover I was turned off by the sci-fi element. I placed this back on the library shelf multiple times after briefly considering it. However, my fellow bibliophile friends kept recommending it to me and they rarely lead me astray. So, into the library bag it went!

This was a very quick, enjoyable read. There were several twists and turns in the plot that I did not see coming(and a few that I did). I read this novel in a single sitting on my deck as my kids played in the backyard and will definitely be reading the next novel in the series. Certainly not high-brow literature, but a fascinating read.

Worth staying up all night to read?

Sure, if you don't take your literature too seriously.

Rating: 3.5 stars, rounded up to 4 stars for Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment