Saturday, May 4, 2013

Matched by Ally Condie

Summary via Goodreads):
 
Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate... until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.

The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow.
 
This insomniac's opinion:
 
I have wavered for many months over whether or not I should read this book. My Goodreads friends had reviews that were all over the place. However, today was a rainy, cold Iowa Saturday and the library called my name. I had a long, long list of books that I wished to check out. Unfortunately, they did not have a single one. Not a single, solitary book on my list. Waaaahhh! As, I was headed for the exit, this book was propped up on a shelf screaming at me to pick it up. So, I did.
 
I am an absolute sucker for a dystopian novel. I have no idea where this fascination comes from, but it is fierce, my friends. This book fed my weird love of all dystopian things. The story was original(other than the love triangle, which has been quite overdone since the Twilight series) and well-developed. I devoured it in three hours while snuggled under blankets with my four-year-old daughter. Lovely afternoon, indeed.
 
Worth staying up all night to read?
 
Yes, if you like dystopian novels and don't mind venturing into the YA section.
 
Rating: 3.5 stars rounded up for Goodreads
 


No comments:

Post a Comment