Saturday, November 7, 2015

My Life on the Road by Gloria Steinem



Book synopsis(via Goodreads):


Gloria Steinem—writer, activist, organizer, and one of the most inspiring leaders in the world—now tells a story she has never told before, a candid account of how her early years led her to live an on-the-road kind of life, traveling, listening to people, learning, and creating change. She reveals the story of her own growth in tandem with the growth of an ongoing movement for equality. This is the story at the heart of My Life on the Road.

***Many thanks to Random House and Net Galley for the advanced reader's copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. ***

This insomniac's opinion: 


I'm a feminist. Yep, I just dropped THAT f-word. The one you likely love or loathe-few feel anything in-between. I'm proud to raise my daughters in a way that they each know that they can do and be anything that a boy can do in this world- well, maybe night write their name in the snow, but....just about anything else. 

So, as a feminist(yep, gonna keep using the word- if you don't like it, this book probably isn't for you), Gloria Steinem is kind of a God to me. She's blazed trails that have allowed me, as a woman, to have more choices in this world. Obviously, I snapped up this book when I saw it come across my screen. 

Even as a self-proclaimed lover of all things Gloria, I found this book surprisingly warm and lovely-even more so than I had expected. There are a myriad of stories from all of the world and I found her tone to be very down to earth and honest. It was a very enjoyable read and was the type of read that was very to stop anywhere and pick back up at a later date- which is perfect for a working Mama of three. 

Worth staying up all night to read?

Yep.

Whether or not you are already in Camp Gloria, I highly recommend this read. 


Rating: 
5 stars 


                                                              

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete